Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines via the "natural" or un-paid ("organic" or "algorithmic") search results. Other forms of search engine marketing (SEM) target paid listings. In general, the earlier (or higher on the page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search and industry-specific vertical search engines. This gives a website web presence.
As an Internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engines work and what people search for. Optimizing a website may involve editing its content and HTML and associated coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines. Promoting a site to increase the number of backlinks, or inbound links, is another SEO tactic.
Most Important Search Engine Ranking Factors - SEO Tips Part 1
- Keyword Use in Title Tag (4.9)
- Anchor Text of Inbound Link (4.4)
- Global Link Popularity of Site (4.4)
- Age of Site (4.1)
- Link Popularity within the Site's Internal Link Structure (4)
- Topical Relevance of Inbound Links to Site (3.9)
- Link Popularity of Site in Topical Community (3.9)
- Keyword Use in Body Text (3.7)
- Global Link Popularity of Linking Site (3.6)
- Topical Relationship of Linking Page (3.5)
- Quality/Relevance of Links to External Sites/Pages (3.5)
- Age of Document (3.4)
- Keyword Use in H1 Tag (3.3)
- Amount of Indexable Text Content (3.2)
- Age of In-Bound Link (3.2)
- Topical Relationship of Linking Site (3.1)
- Relevance of Site's Primary Subject Matter to Query (3.1)
- Keyword Use in Domain Name (3)
Optimization of Articles - SEO TIps Part 2
Press release is an important part of off page SEO. To make your news friendly to search engines, keep the following in mind when crafting your message:
- Keywords / Key Phrases - A carefully worded headline and sub-headline should contain keywords related to major themes in your news. The headline is not only extremely important for SEO purposes but is also your first opportunity to grab your reader's attention. Throughout the text of your article, look for additional ways to include high volume keywords and phrases without altering the tone or message of your news article.
- Enhanced URL - Search engines look at the keywords used in a hyperlink to a website when they are ranking that website. If a hyperlink has keywords included and point to your website, then when a person does a Google search for those keywords they are going to be more likely to find you among their results. Make sure your article uses targeted keywords when pointing back to your site to make sure you get an SEO boost for your website.
- Anchor Text - Embedding hyperlinks into your article is another way to increase your ranking and drive traffic to your website. Linking your product's name in the article back to the Web page where your readers can go to learn more will not only lead consumers directly to your site, but it will also get them into your sales cycle.
- Add Rich Contents - Adding a news image or video to your article will not only make your news article more graphically pleasing and likely to be read, but it will also ensure your news is indexed in image search engines and create more visibility for your message.
Site Direct SEO ServicesOur experienced SEO consultants specialize in using white hat SEO techniques to help our customers reach the top SEO rankings at no risk.